CAD / GIS Technician
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a CAD / GIS Technician for the Agency's Devens office.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for maintaining and updating the municipal CAD files and Geographic Information System (GIS) for Devens infrastructure and parcel mapping. This position will also be responsible for preparing graphics for presentations and will assist in developing web applications and exchanging data with various groups and agencies. The CGT will work as a team member within the Planning and Engineering Department, and with other Agency departments, in achieving success on a variety of projects.
Core Components of the Position:
- Maintain the municipal CAD XFM data and Geographic Information System (GIS) for Devens address, parcel, and utility files using Bentley Map V8i (SELECT Series 4), Bentley GeoSpatial Administrator, and Esri
- Assist with development of internal and web-based applications.
- Prepare GIS databases, maps, database reports, and specialized queries in support of various MassDevelopment projects.
- Create, edit, and maintain drawings in Bentley Map.
- Perform GIS analysis, modeling, and reporting to support decision making.
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions for project-related problems.
- Provide GIS technical assistance and support on MassDevelopment projects.
- Perform Quality Control tests on data entry and map deliverables done by others.
- Assist Engineering Division with data collection, mapping verification, and field inspections.
- Provide customer assistance and support for all agency activities.
- Associates degree in Geospatial Technologies, Civil Engineering Technology, Planning, or related field (BS preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with ESRI products. Experience with Bentley products is desired. Experience with exchange of data between CAD and GIS is a plus.
- Experience with ESRI Products (ArcGIS, ArcGIS on-line and Geodatabases).
- Experience with CAD systems (AutoCAD experience will be considered - knowledge of Bentley Map V8i (SELECT Series 4) preferred).
- Experience working with Bentleyetc. a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- Field experience in data collection, mapping verification, and/or construction inspection preferred.
- Familiarity with geographic projections, datums, and coordinate systems and with how geospatial data are developed and organized;
- Experience with Trimble GPS equipment a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills essential. Must be able to operate in a diverse "team" environment.
- Valid MA Drivers License.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 High Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
or email to email@example.com
This posting can close without notice.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer