Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities we live and work in. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Senior Accountant in our Finance and Accounting Department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work located in Devens.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all general accounting functions in the daily administration of the accounting department, including, but not limited to: maintaining accounting records, preparing financial reports, ensuring internal controls are met, and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain general ledger and subledgers to include the preparation of more complex journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and general ledger monthly close.
- Perform monthly bank and general ledger reconciliations for various programs and entities.
- Analyze and monitor utility revenues and expenses with bank; coordinate and communicate with bank; monitor monthly compliance issues related to utility debt.
- Track and monitor various lending and grant programs.
- Prepare monthly utility sales tax analyses for timely filing of estimated and final sales tax payments to Commonwealth.
- Review Concur business travel expense submissions for adherence to Agency policy.
- Create bank wires or transfers as needed.
- Assist in preparation of annual Finance Department budget.
- Assist with interim and year-end audit requests.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed by senior management.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3 years of accounting experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, and banking knowledge
- Experience with robust accounting or ERP software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work well independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (excellent Excel skills).
- Experience working with municipalities or state government.
- Knowledge of Great Plains general ledger system or general ledger system equivalent.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: