Senior Administrative Assistant
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Senior Administrative Assistant for the Agency’s Boston office.
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public, private and nonprofit; commercial, industrial, and residential. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, communities, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth.
Under the supervision of the VP Operations and Continuous Improvement, this position provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President of Finance Programs and finance programs department. This includes both organizational and administrative functions such as preparing reports, managing internal approvals and procurement requests, calendar management, maintaining electronic and paper filing systems and other administrative tasks (scheduling, document production, telephone, etc.). The Senior Administrative Assistant deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, problem solve, and organize.
Core Components of the Position:
- Maintains calendars and schedules for the EVP and senior managers. Collects and provides briefing materials and travel information in a proactive timely manner.
- Maintains and updates Outlook and Customer Relationship Manager contacts for the EVP and senior managers.
- Schedules and attends all advisory committee meetings and takes accurate minutes. Creates and proofreads draft minutes for management review within two weeks after each meeting. Compiles agenda items, prepares committee packages, and circulates committee materials for required internal approvals within required timeframes prior to distributing to members. Liaises with legal department to ensure proper public noticing.
- Composes, types or scans, edits, and formats draft and final documents from written or verbal instruction, shorthand or transcription equipment, including correspondence, reports, and other materials that may be complex and technical. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Works with managers to compile data required by MassDevelopment’s executive team and others.
- Routes and tracks time-sensitive documents submitted for approval or execution. Maintains log of items submitted for signature.
- Opens mail for the EVP Finance Programs and proactively routes to appropriate staff as necessary. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or email when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Coordinates activities to ensure timely submission of documents or information that may be required of several staff personnel to complete a major project. Works with Senior Vice Presidents and other staff to ensure the completion of projects.
- Ensures that requests for action and information are furnished in a timely manner.
- Serves as backup to Investment Banking Associate for requests for Governor’s approvals and volume cap allocations on bond deals, preparing required documentation and coordinating with A&F.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Performs back-up receptionist duties as assigned.
- Provides clerical support for the finance programs department including copying, mailings, and distributions, either personally as time permits, or by routing through office support staff when necessary.
- Takes dictation as requested.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned or requested.
- High school diploma is required. Associates degree in Business Administration or completion of specialized secretarial coursework is strongly preferred. Equivalent training or experience may be sufficient.
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience in office environment;
- Minimum of two (2) years experience supporting a senior management position.
- Knowledge of finance programs a plus.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills–MS Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to take minutes or do speed note-taking and have experience in preparing committee and board meeting minutes.
- Strong business communications skills, including the ability to create written documents in English that are grammatically correct and use proper spelling.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and database and presentation software (MS Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to make independent judgments that have impacts on the organization.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 High Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
or email to email@example.com
This posting can close without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer