MassDevelopment offers several programs, including loans, guarantees, and export credit insurance, to help companies that export or anticipate exporting their products or services internationally.
100% Export Loan
- 100% financing for new equipment, leasehold improvements and working capital
- Loans up to $2,000,000
- Interest-only payments for the first 12 months
- Up to 7-year term and amortization
Export Loan Guarantees
- Loan guarantees on working capital lines of credit and other eligible loans
- Inventory and foreign accounts receivable accepted as collateral
- Up to 90% working capital financing available
Export Credit Insurance
- Insures 90% to 100% of foreign receivables
- Provides credit terms to international buyers to increase sales
Other international trade resources available to exporters are:
Massachusetts Export Center – The Massachusetts Export Center provides one-on-one export counseling and technical assistance, export workshops, and other services. Visit www.mass.gov/export for more information.
Massachusetts Office of International Trade and Investment – The Massachusetts Office of International Trade & Investment (MOITI) works to expand the Massachusetts economy by marketing the state’s business internationally. Visit www.moiti.org for more information.
Massachusetts Export Resource Center – The Massachusetts Export Resource Center website was jointly developed by MassDevelopment and the Massachusetts Export Center. It offers a one-stop resource for practical information and training to help your business grow by taking advantage of global opportunities. To learn more, visit www.mass.gov/export/resourcecenter.
Boston-based Immunetics is working to develop breakthroughs in blood transfusion safety. With the help of financing from MassDevelopment, the company can deliver a new diagnostic product to market that much faster. A $255,000 loan from the Manufacturing Growth Initiative and another $250,000 loan through the Southeast Regional Loan Fund will finance new equipment and capital improvements needed for the commercialization of the BacTx diagnostic test. A 70 percent guarantee from MassDevelopment’s Export Development Fund will support both loans.