At MassDevelopment, we help communities with capacity and resources they need to undertake economic revitalization projects. The Agency offers a range of services to help stimulate private investment, job creation, economic growth, and housing development. Our predevelopment assistance supplements local resources in urban planning and real estate development initiatives and includes:
- Market feasibility and financial analysis
- Master planning
- Building reuse analysis and site planning
- Permitting and entitlements process management
- Project management
- Strategic analysis and consensus building
- RFP/Q development/process management
- Consultant selection and management for services including construction, design, and brownfield redevelopment
- Urban Land Institute Technical Assistance Panels (TAPs)
- 43D Priority Development Sites
Our in-house experts and on-call professionals have experience with all types of complex projects, including underperforming or underutilized properties, brownfields, and surplus government property.
TA Connect is a collaborative effort that brings together expertise across agencies to help Massachusetts cities and towns address their most pressing planning and development needs. The initiative coordinates service delivery, fosters cooperation, and helps municipalities identify and leverage resources to stimulate growth.
- TA Connect links current and future planning and development efforts to reduce redundancy and ensures municipalities are linked to the proper resources to meet their needs in a timely manner.
Education & Capacity Building
- TA Connect workshops, webinars, and other small group sessions provide a forum to discuss common challenges and allow consultants to deliver thoughtful solutions on-demand.
- Online Resource Library (coming soon) provides centralized knowledge about best practices and implementation strategies, as well as information about upcoming events and grant opportunities.
Direct Tactical Assistance
- Referral service engages appropriate assistance and funding providers.
- Individualized feedback from teams of experts to identify easily-implemented, low-cost interventions.
- Local site visits arranged when applicable.
For more information, contact:
Vice President, Real Estate Services