Assistant Development Manager
Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities we live and work in. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for an Assistant Development Manager in our Real Estate division. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President of Development, the Assistant Development Manager provides support to staff within the development department. This position will provide support to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Underutilized Properties Program (UPP) program managers in coordinating with other state agencies, reviewing applications, and administering grants. This position will also provide support to the development project managers in identifying, analyzing, and managing new and active development projects.
- Provide support to the UPP program manager by coordinating with MassDevelopment staff and other state agencies, including coordinating and aggregating input on all applications received.
- Oversee grant administration of awards, including award/rejection letters, grant contracting, invoice review, payment processing and disbursements, and project timelines.
- Manage report collection and data gathering.
- Attend potential development project site visits across the Commonwealth with the lead development project manager and other agency staff to evaluate new opportunities.
- Assist development project manager in coordinating project site visit logistics and follow-up items.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and mapping of the geographic and demographic distribution of applications received.
- Assist with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research and analyses for new projects.
- Produce public-facing and internal presentation material as needed.
- Work with marketing and communications department to assist with content creation for social media and other outward-facing communications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in related fields of architecture, civil engineering, planning, economic or community development, political science, policy, and/or real estate.
- Two years of professional experience in a real estate development field, or mix of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of basic real estate development practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and database software.
- Success working in a team environment.
- Ability to work well independently with limited supervision.
- Position requires up to 10% in state travel, and requires the ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and ability to independently travel throughout the Commonwealth.
- Training or education in real estate development.
- Familiarity with urban planning, building design, and preconstruction.
- Working knowledge of GIS, and other mapping/graphic visualization tools.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: