Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including people of color, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Contracts Manager in our Legal department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Under the general direction of the General Counsel, the Contracts Manager will manage the contracting process and administration of all agreements for goods and services, including professional services and construction contracts. The position will advise on conformance with public procurement laws and agency policy; define, recommend, and implement process improvements; develop contract administration policies and procedures; and maintain corporate records for agency-affiliated entities.
- Prepare/review all purchase orders, contracts, amendments, change orders, and delivery orders in conformance with agency attorneys to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and with the agency’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage the procurement and administration of goods, services, and construction through purchase orders, professional services, and construction contracts.
- Provide quarterly contract status reports to agency staff.
- Identify contractual problems and take appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of all deliverables.
- Assist in preparation and review of all Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications, and Invitations to Bid.
- Prepare and manage public notifications for Goods and Services Bulletin, Central Register, COMMBUYS, and newspapers as required.
- Verify that certificates of insurance are in place and up-to-date for all contracts.
- Review Diverse Business Enterprise (DBE) Participation Schedules and maintain list of all Supplier Diversity Office (SDO)-certified DBEs.
- Develop contract administration policies and procedures.
- Create, review, and maintain contract and purchase order records and files.
- Maintain and update corporate records binders for agency-affiliated entities; file annual reports and changes to corporation’s officers and directors with Secretary of Commonwealth, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or related field.
- 5 years in a legal, paralegal, or contract administrator role.
- Or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract negotiations, legal terminology, and drafting and researching contracts.
- Proven ability to apply standard terms and conditions of contracts and apply contract terminology.
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws, contract laws, and construction contract procurement/management for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a customer-centric focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 5+ years experience in a legal, paralegal, or contract administrator role.
- Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official (MCPPO) certification, or ability to obtain.
- Familiarity with contract management software such as Outlaw, Cobblestone Contract, ContractWorks, or similar systems.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: