MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2022, MassDevelopment financed or managed 356 projects generating investment of more than $1.69 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 11,080 jobs and build or preserve 1,778 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including people of color, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for an attorney to fill the role of Counsel in our Legal department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this position will provide legal advice to the agency’s financial and transactional activities, ensuring compliance with state and federal securities, lending, and tax laws.
- Provide general business counsel and financial transactional expertise to the agency, which provides assistance and support to a broad range of industries.
- Assist in structuring and negotiating of financing; represent the agency on loan/guarantee transactions.
- Draft master instruments and related documents to govern tax-exempt bond sales; advise on all aspects of commercial lending programs; support commercial and affordable residential real estate financing transactions, grant programs and agreements; and advise on governance of agency trust funds.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships across the agency.
- Provide other legal advice as directed by the General Counsel.
- Select, oversee, and manage outside counsel relationships as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Four years experience in the field of finance and securities law, federal tax requirement, commercial lending and general commercial contract law working at a law firm, in-house legal department or at another public or quasi-public agency.
- Or combination of education and experience.
- Massachusetts Bar membership, ability to waive into membership or register as in-house counsel.
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline, in a fast paced environment, with ever-changing business and legal objectives.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, as needed.
- Excellent client relations skills and a demonstrated dedication to client service.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel periodically, in and out of the state.
- Familiarity with state conflict of interest, open meetings and public records law.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: