Digital Marketing Specialist
Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities we live and work in. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Digital Marketing Specialist in our External Affairs Department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work, located in Boston or at one of our satellite offices throughout the state.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be an integral member of MassDevelopment’s External Affairs team, ensuring all websites are in line with overall business and marketing strategies. The position requires digital design experience as it relates to creating website elements, graphics for reports and presentations, infographics, and maps; verbal, communication, and consultative skills; and the ability to work effectively with clients, vendors, IT management, and staff.
- Website Management: Manage and continually enhance the content and functionality of all websites and digital platforms, including providing creative ideas for content marketing and website updates. NOTE: MassDevelopment currently has three websites: MassDevelopment.com, DevensCommunity.com, and VillageHillNorthampton.com – as well as an employee intranet.
- Design/Brand: Ensure overall design, brand, and content on the Agency’s websites are current, consistent, and accurate. Create interesting graphics and identify the need for any new professional photography and/or video.
- Liaison with Vendors: Work with an external web development firm and outside vendors to ensure appropriate functionality and usability of websites.
- Content Strategy and Updates: Responsible for making all content updates and liaising with departments and divisions to ensure accurate representation of agency products and services as well as acquiring insight into marketing trends and keeping strategies up to date.
- SEO Strategy: Ensure content is optimized to be recognized and ranked by search engines. Ensure all title tags and metatag descriptions are optimized for SEO.
- Site Promotion: Work with the marketing team to promote websites via various advertising channels, including banner ads, social media, and link exchanges with other sites.
- Site Analytics: Regularly review analytics that show how well websites are performing. Report website traffic data on a monthly basis.
- Email Marketing: Implement, test, and send custom HTML email campaigns through Campaign Monitor as needed. Integrate email capabilities with any website sign-ups and opt-ins to our contact lists to receive direct emails including newsletters, event registrations, RFP requests, and other updates.
- Surveys and Web Forms: Support various departments with creating, testing, and distributing surveys and web forms.
- Photo/Image/Graphic Editing: Support various departments with editing images and graphics for use in presentations, reports, websites, etc.
- Associate degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent area of study.
- 3+ years experience in the field.
- Or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience using CMS systems, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience using analytics and reporting tools (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Understanding of SEM best practices; UX/UI experience a plus.
- Experience creating and/or supporting digital marketing campaigns.
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity using design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Keen sense of design aesthetics; willingness to present new ideas to the team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent area of study.
- 3+ years experience in website content management.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
nterested candidates should click on the link below to apply: