Executive Assistant for Devens Operations
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for an Executive Assistant for Devens Operations in the Agency’s Devens office.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Senior Vice President of Devens and is staffed full time at the Devens Commerce Center, but may require work at MassDevelopment’s Boston office or other locations, as determined by the Senior Vice President of Devens.
The Executive Assistant for Devens Operations is responsible for managing the administrative tasks for Devens Operations and ensures consistent support to all departments. He/she is responsible for ensuring smooth daily operations of office in conformance with established policies and procedures.
Core Components of the Position:
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Administrative Services Department.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Evaluates office production, establishes/revises procedures to improve the efficiency of workflow.
- Fields inquiries from outside the Agency and makes referrals within the Department or to other groups as appropriate.
- Maintains the Senior VP’s schedule and coordinates other staff schedules.
- Develops and maintains budget for Administrative Services Department and relative office functions (i.e., office upgrades, car rentals, copiers, furniture and equipment, etc.).
- Monitors office supply inventory, ordering, and distribution.
- Ensures proper maintenance of office equipment. Oversees equipment service companies as needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the office.
- Creates and maintains project files.
- Coordinates projects as assigned, together with all associated tasks.
- Serves as a liaison to other Agency divisions as assigned.
- Facilitates the Senior VP’s review of correspondence, reports, and other documents; prioritizes such materials and prepares summaries as necessary.
- Organizes write-ups for monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Attends meetings and drafts minutes.
- Provides a wide variety of clerical assistance, including answering telephones and recording detailed messages, photocopying, filing, etc.
- Assists the Senior VP in managing the division’s budget, including tracking accounts and encumbrances.
- Updates the External Events calendar.
- Coordinates with Operations Division Managers to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of workflow.
- Assists with organizing special events, i.e. open houses, breakfast meetings, and resident meetings.
- Supervises the daily work of the Office Assistant. Ensures the accurate and timely completion of all support work for the Division Managers.
- Assists with Assessor duties; i.e. municipal lein certificate, abatements, meetings, property cards, etc.
- Manages the driverless cars program, including scheduling, billing, and ongoing email correspondence.
- Manages UXO (unexploded ordnances) mailings, mailing of all invoices in house, gas, electric, utilities, taxes and Jodrey Pier.
- Associate’s degree-level of education or its equivalent in coursework and training.
- 4-6 years of executive administrative experience, including experience in managing support staff.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and supervisory skills in order to promote a team environment.
- Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are required.
- Ability to manage the calendar/appointment in Outlook.
- Ability to obtain information from the Internet required.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot faxes, telephones, and copiers.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 High Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting can close without notice.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer