Facilities Manager - Jodrey State Pier, Gloucester
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Facilities Manager of the Jodrey State Pier in Gloucester, Mass.
Under the general direction of the Director Marine Facilities & Operations, the Facilities Manager’s primary function is to manage the physical aspects of the Jodrey State Pier in line with the Agency’s interests. This includes “3 State Pier,” a property developed through a joint venture in Cape Ann Fisheries Development Corporation. The Facilities Manager maintains and directs all facility management activities, adhering to the lease and management agreement with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Department of Conservation and Recreation and satisfying tenant and Agency requirements of the facilities.
- Preventive maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery, buildings, wharfs, grounds, and vessel berthing marina: develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for efficient facility operations; inspect, test, adjust, and maintain all physical plant systems, machinery, and equipment, including fire equipment and sprinkler systems; complete all preventive maintenance and work order requests assigned to his/her area of responsibility; enter work orders and preventative maintenance in associated software systems.
- Assist with maintaining adequate inventory stock as approved by the Pier Manager and MassDevelopment. Responsible for the timely and cost effective procurement of supplies and external services required for efficient facility operations. Obtain supplies and spare parts, understanding repair manuals and parts catalogs.
- Load and unload trucks, physically or by use of dollies, unpack and store supplies and equipment in stockroom. Analyze problems and identify corrective measures.
- Assist the Pier Manager in the coordination and supervision of contractors and vendors and evaluate quality of completed work related to contracted services. Monitor performance of outside contract firms to ensure contract compliance. Direct the activities of outside contract personnel.
- Prepare all physical inventories of equipment and follow through on proper inventory functions in coordination with the Pier Manager.
- Recommend plans and programs to the Pier Manager for plant modifications, new equipment, and facility and marine improvements. This includes adherence with the 2018 Jodrey State Pier Facility Assessment (or subsequent updates thereto) developed by LLB Architects.
- Responsible for correcting any aspects of maintenance, security, and safety that are cited by inspection. Review specifications, conduct site inspections, and review system design and drawings.
- Maintain operational knowledge of all equipment and machinery, including pumps, fans, HVAC units, sprinkler systems, and all other pier equipment. Responsible for assisting to keep all mechanical and HVAC records, logs, and time sheets necessary to maintain the property at the highest level of operational performance. Ensure quality and reliability of building mechanical systems. Execute equipment maintenance programs based on manufacturers’ specifications and industry standards
- Monitor the vessel berthing marina and transient dockage area to insure that the established systems procedures and proper controls are in place and followed by tenants and visiting vessels.
- Responsible for general maintenance activities at the pier and open space to ensure cleanliness and safe working and operational conditions. Responsible for winter operations to remove ice and snow from walkways, roads, and parking lots. Maintain buildings as directed, including janitorial services to the bathrooms and common areas. Perform repairs on buildings, signs, roads, parking lots and machinery as needed. Perform manual tasks in connection with painting projects and landscaping.
- Remove trash and debris on and around the pier area, keeping the parking areas maintained and regularly cleaned.
- Review monthly work reports with the Pier Manager and MassDevelopment.
- Responds to all maintenance, safety, and security calls. Respond to and complete tenant work order requests, light construction projects, and vendor management.
- Available for off-hours emergency response.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring all policies and procedures in the areas of maintenance, security, and safety deficiencies.
- Assist Pier Manager with duties related to vessel inspections and security procedures during the period while vessels are docked at the pier.
- In cooperation with the Pier Manager and Agency staff, ensure activities comply with applicable environmental, safety, and health regulations and /or industry standards.
- Respond and act in the capacity of first responder to emergency situations according to pier procedures, as required. Must live within one-hour drive time to the facility.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- At least five (5) years related work experience in facilities management.
- Experience with computerized work order and preventative maintenance software systems and duties.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook for preparing reports, formatting spreadsheets, and communicating via email.
- Knowledge of building systems/maintenance, refrigeration, HVAC control and energy management systems, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, welding, and other building mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical, building, and safety codes.
- Proven ability to effectively perform work in accordance with governmental and other regulatory agencies including EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credentials (TWIC) within 30 days of employment.
- Current state-issued valid driver’s license.
- Associate degree, with a concentration in security and safety programs and/or facilities management.
- Work experience in waterfront facilities and building/property maintenance.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional interpersonal relationships. Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to communicate with multiple disciplines both technical and non-technical.
- Valid state-issued hoisting license for forklift.
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth.
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited to: generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply. This position is open until filled.