HR Business Partner
Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including people of color, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for an HR Business Partner in our Human Resources department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the HR Business Partner will serve as an integral partner to assigned clients to provide consultation and support in key HR functional areas. The HR Business Partner will interface with all divisions in the agency, and be part of a newly formed and progressive-thinking HR team. This position will play an integral part in impacting the caliber and delivery of HR-related services to support agency goals.
- Act as a trusted advisor to managers to provide consultation and day-to-day guidance on HR best practices and recommend appropriate actions in line with agency policies.
- Act as a subject matter expert on HR policies, processes, and programs for all employees.
- Create sourcing and recruitment strategies to attract and retain a diverse and talented workforce.
- Manage the recruitment and onboarding process to ensure a positive hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop robust recruitment plans (including, but not limited to: kick-off meetings with hiring teams, behavioral-based interview training, interview team prep, debrief sessions, and hiring/compensation guidance).
- Provide weekly status reports (including, but not limited to: open jobs report, new hire/termination tracking, etc.).
- Conduct new hire orientations and other follow-up sessions in various offices, as part of a comprehensive onboarding process.
- Conduct thorough and objective fact-finding investigations to resolve employee relations issues, as assigned, and recommend fair and equitable resolutions aligned with agency objectives.
- Identify training needs and recommend appropriate solutions for all employees.
- Monitor and participate in evaluation of training programs to ensure objectives are met.
- Drive the annual performance management review cycle to ensure compliance and timely completion.
- Provide technical assistance to all employees regarding the performance management process.
- Work with managers and employees to create and foster an engaged workforce by promoting positive employee relations.
- Maintain various HR metrics, analyze data, and recommend solutions to the Director of HR on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain knowledge of current HR laws, rules, and regulations.
- Stay abreast of HR industry trends to recommend and implement best practices within the HR department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, psychology, business, or related field.
- 5 to 7 years experience as an HR Business Partner and/or HR Generalist in a fast-paced environment.
- Or a combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR functional areas, with focused experience in recruitment and employee relations.
- Proven ability to be an objective and trusted advisor to HR team members, managers, and employees by building strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a customer-centric focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands in a constantly changing environment, while focused on delivering solid and consistent results.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with a critical degree of accuracy.
- Ability to analyze data to prepare concise, meaningful reports in a clear and logical manner.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws, regulations and HR principles and practices.
- Strong responsiveness and follow-through skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Valid state-issued driver's license and ability to independently travel to all agency offices throughout the Commonwealth.
- 7+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner and/or HR Generalist in a fast-paced environment.
- Or a combination of education and experience.
- HR certification preferred (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP).
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Experience with public-sector organizations a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: