Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including people of color, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for an HR Coordinator in our Human Resources department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the HR Coordinator is responsible for providing tactical support to the HR team in recruitment, training, and other functional areas within the HR department. The HR Coordinator will interface with all divisions in the agency, and be part of a newly formed and progressive-thinking HR team. This position will play an integral part in the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding. It will support the day-to-day operations of the department with opportunities to learn and grow new skills.
- Facilitate all employee-related matters raised by employees with a high level of customer service and sense of urgency.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Maintain proactive communication with candidates from initial contact to hire.
- Coordinate all pre-employment activities in preparation for start date.
- Manage all internal and external job postings, including tracking costs.
- Manage applicant tracking and required execution.
- Schedule all interviews for hiring managers and HR.
- Ensure all pre-hire requirements are met (background checks, pre-employment physicals, etc.).
- Provide tracking and reporting metrics.
- Maintain all new hire information folders in the Cloud.
- Manage the procurement process for temporary employees.
- Create and maintain all electronic employee files, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Act as backup for new hire orientation in various offices.
- Update and maintain HR pages on agency Intranet and website.
- Coordinate all mandatory training requirements, including scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Coordinate various Agency events as needed (employee engagement and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion [DEI] activities, recruitment events, flu clinics, etc.)
- Assist with performance management review cycle, benefits open enrollment, and other annual processes.
- Assist the Director of HR with special projects and other requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Human Resources, psychology, business, or related field.
- 2 to 3 years experience in an office environment in an HR capacity, or a combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a customer-centric focus.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong time-management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to multitask and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with a critical degree of accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of HR principles and practices.
- Strong responsiveness and follow-through skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Valid state-issued driver's license and ability to independently travel to all agency offices throughout the Commonwealth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, psychology, business, or related field.
- 3+ years of related experience preferred.
- HR certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: