Human Resources Specialist
MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth. Through these collaborations we help create jobs, increase the number of housing units, revitalize urban environments, and address factors limiting growth including transportation, energy, and infrastructure deficiencies.
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts, all through the lens of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to provide a work environment that celebrates difference and is free of implicit and explicit bias; an environment that recognizes the thoughts and contributions of every colleague as crucial to our collective success.
Job Location: Devens, MA/Hybrid
Minimum three days in the Devens, MA office, remaining two days worked remotely. Travel to Boston office may be required.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Human Resources
The Human Resources Specialist is a key member of a high-performing Human Resources team committed to supporting a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, stay, and do their best work at MassDevelopment. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional interested in deepening their skills, gaining experience in HR operations, specializing in talent acquisition, onboarding, and building strategies that increase access and inclusion in the workplace.
- Together with HR team, partners with agency leadership to align HR strategy to business strategy while improving employee satisfaction.
- Manages all talent acquisition activities from recruitment to hiring and onboarding
- Places access, diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all talent management from recruitment through the employment lifecycle.
- Conducts ongoing supply and demand analysis of current and future state staffing and skill needs, and designs talent acquisition strategies to meet those needs.
- Remains current on trends and innovative recruiting techniques to compete within the market.
- Actively participates in annual budget planning/labor forecasting process with agency partners.
- Assists with payroll processing and employee benefit programs.
- Document and facilitate employee changes and employee statistics for internal and compliance tracking purposes.
- Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management; merit awards; benefits enrollment, etc.
- Uses data and interprets metrics to provide sound recommendations and continuous improvement for the agency.
- Remains knowledgeable of current and new employment laws and regulatory requirements.
- In partnership with the HR Manager, ensures compliance with all employment and legal paperwork, disclosures, required training, etc.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, in partnership with HR peers, to develop solutions, programs, protocols, and policies that enhance the employee experience and agency culture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression concepts and concerns in the workplace, especially as they apply to talent acquisition and employee engagement
- Bilingual a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Experience with compensation benchmarking a plus.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Highly efficient at multi-tasking including prioritization, responsiveness and keeping others informed.
- Strong knowledge of the foundational HR skills: benefits, employee relations, staffing, compensation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; or a combination of experience and education.
- ADP Workforce now experience a plus.
- Nimble user of technology.
MassDevelopment offers a robust and generous benefits package. In addition to standard benefits, highlights include:
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Generous employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457(b) with employer match of up to 5%
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Transportation support
- Charitable giving matching gifts
MassDevelopment’s commitment to access, diversity, equity, and inclusion means we welcome individuals of all abilities, ages, education backgrounds, ethnicities, family statuses, gender identities, genders, genetic information, languages, marital status, military experiences, political views, pregnancy, religions, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, and work experiences. We encourage applicants from diverse lived experiences to apply.
Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.