Join the MassDevelopment Summer Intern Cohort! You will be part of a team of students gaining experience with real-world challenges that go beyond what you will learn in the classroom. You will be exposed to the work we do to support communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Equally important, you will gain valuable knowledge while building lasting professional connections to advise you through your career journey.
The Cohort traditionally runs from June through August. Intern positions are paid, and require a full-time commitment (37.5 hours/week). All interns will follow a hybrid work model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work, located in Boston, Devens, Springfield, or other locations as assigned. We will do our best to assign you to a department based on your interests and skills. Students are accepted from a variety of majors.
Positions are available in the following areas:
- Accounting & Finance
- Business Development
- Community Development
- External Affairs (Communications; Government Relations; Marketing)
- Finance Programs: Investment Banking
- Finance Programs: Lending
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Real Estate: Asset Management
- Real Estate: Development
- Real Estate: Planning
- Real Estate: Engineering
What to Expect:
- Guidance and support from a Cohort Leader to ensure you are getting the most out of your experience.
- Meaningful and challenging assignments.
- Exposure to all levels of employees in other functions and roles across the Agency.
- Professional development opportunities.
You have the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate full-time academic program.
- Solid academic performance.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A strong inclination to bring creative solutions to problems
- Ability to perform tasks and projects with enthusiasm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a customer-centric focus.
- Collaborative, team-based approach to assignments.
- Flexibility to work independently within a fast-paced environment while meeting established timelines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to commute to your assigned office, or other locations, as applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Check back for the Summer 2023 Application.