Real Estate Services Program Manager
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Real Estate Services Program Manager. Due to COVID-19, this position will be 100% remote to start until normal operations are resumed at which time the position could be located in Boston or at one of our satellite offices throughout the state.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Real Estate Planning, this position will provide programmatic support to the Planning Department. This position will continue to operationalize the Real Estate Services programs including Technical Assistance, the Urban Land Institute Technical Assistance Panel program, and workshop initiatives, and provide additional project management capacity to the department. The position will also be responsible for providing centralized “home office” support serving the operational functions of the Planning Department while collaborating with the various other departments in the Agency.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and ongoing facilitation of a Real Estate Services application process including taking a primary role on the review of and coordination of input on all applications received from various MassDevelopment departments.
- Assist the Senior Vice President of Real Estate Planning in overall program strategy, including selection of community projects for support and deployment of additional tools, especially with respect to working within the program budget.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and mapping of the geographic distribution of applications received within the Real Estate Services application round and recommended awards.
- Implement program database management—contacts, Enable, and other various tracking for house doctors, procurements, and related resources.
- Oversee completion and follow-up of the Technical Assistance program evaluation, including implementing proposed recommendations and program improvements.
- Manage report collection and data gathering around Real Estate Services programs.
- With relevant staff, present program information to supportive audiences at conferences and through other opportunities.
- Facilitate program expense management, keeping with program policies and procedures.
- Facilitate content, coordinate logistics, and develop calendar of staff events, such as monthly team meetings, including reporting and/or documentation as necessary and requested.
- Provide logistical support for community workshops, including planning and on-the-ground facilitation.
- Work with marketing and communications to assist with content creation for social media and other outward-facing communications.
- Assist with the research of best practices and advise on the development of case study content.
- Identify, maintain, and implement any additional staff productivity opportunities.
- Work on program development, Agency cross-departmental collaboration, and other new initiatives as needed. Prepare and submit regular updates on projects related to regular Agency reporting requirements as well as responding to time-sensitive requests for information. Clearly convey the priorities, standards, and processes of the Agency to interested parties and potential customers.
- Work with MassDevelopment staff to ensure proper flow of communication and information.
- Coordinate with Legal, Finance Programs and Accounting Departments as needed.
- Perform other related functions as required.
- Manage and monitor consultant work product as directed, and facilitate communications to related staff to ensure effective communication and project delivery.
- Maintain project work plans that include budgets and schedules. Create and update meeting minutes.
- Manage the coding and tracking of invoices on a timely basis.
- Support real estate and planning project managers with program-specific support.
Regional Team Representative
- Serve as a Real Estate Division’s Regional Team representative. This role is responsible for coordinating work with regional team members, developing an understanding of the land use and economic development challenges that are unique to the region, and identifying and managing Real Estate Services projects in municipalities located within the region.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with municipal, state, and federal appointed and elected officials, staff, and regulators as well as for-profit and nonprofit developers.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in planning, public policy, real estate, landscape architecture, or related field.
- Two years of professional experience in project management.
- Or a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of urban and regional planning, public/private development, public policy, and economic development initiatives.
- Familiarity and a working knowledge of federal, state, or local economic development programs, incentives and policy initiatives as well as governmental regulations regarding land-use controls.
- Strong interactive and relationship-building skills with an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, governmental officials, the general public, consultants, and various outside stakeholders.
- Experience working in a team environment on projects.
- Experience in managing projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented with superior written and oral communication skills.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and ability to independently travel.
- Master’s degree with a concentration in planning, public policy, real estate, landscape architecture, or related field.
- One year of professional experience in project management.
- Or a combination of education and experience Working knowledge of urban planning.
- Experience working with various project constituencies, including nonprofit advocacy groups, community and neighborhood organizations, and residents.
- Experience working with resident and community organizations and municipal governments.
- Some exposure to marketing/communications, public policy, and program development.
- Some experience in innovative technology, including economic development tools.
- Bilingual a plus
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth. For more information about MassDevelopment, please visit www.massdevelopment.com.
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited to: generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply. This posting remains open until filled.