Senior Administrative Assistant
Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities we live and work in. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Senior Administrative Assistant in our Finance Programs Division. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work located in Boston.
Under the supervision of the Vice President Operations and Continuous Improvement, this position provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President Finance Programs and Finance Programs Division. This includes functions such as preparing reports and presentations, writing procedures, maintaining electronic and paper filing systems, and other administrative tasks (scheduling, document production, telephone, etc.). The person in this role will deal with a diverse group of external constituents as well as internal customers at all levels of the organization. To be successful in this position, the person will exercise good judgment to successfully plan, prioritize, problem solve, and organize.
- Maintain calendars and schedule for the EVP and Senior Managers. Collect and provide briefing materials and travel information in a proactive, timely manner.
- Maintain and update Outlook and CRM contacts for the EVP and Senior Managers.
- Schedule and attend Finance Programs’ advisory committee meetings and take accurate minutes. Create and proofread draft minutes for management review within two weeks after each meeting. Compile agenda items, prepare committee packages, and circulate committee materials for required internal approvals within required timeframes prior to distributing to members. Act as liaison with Legal Department to ensure proper public noticing. Monitor members’ acceptances to ensure a quorum.
- Post completed/approved advisory committee minutes for MassDevelopment Board of Directors meetings according to board materials deadlines and submit description to Legal Department for Board agendas.
- Coordinate activities to ensure timely submission of documents or information that may be required of several staff personnel to complete a major project. Work with Senior Vice Presidents and other staff to ensure the completion of projects.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Perform back-up receptionist duties as assigned including: greeting visitors, operating the switchboard, taking messages, opening and distributing incoming mail to staff and satellite offices, logging in checks received and notifying appropriate staff, maintaining courier services and cell phones logs, and scheduling of conference rooms.
- Attend meetings as required, virtually or in-person.
- High school diploma.
- 3+ years professional experience in office environment.
- 2+ years experience supporting senior management positions.
- Or a combination of experience and education.
- Experience working with Committee members/Board of Directors.
- Proven ability in preparing committee and board meeting minutes.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills.
- Detail-oriented, including the ability to create grammatically correct written documents.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong experience with all products in the Microsoft Office Platform, with strong Excel skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Associate degree in business administration or completion of specialized administrative coursework is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of finance programs a plus.
- Experience working in databases a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
nterested candidates should click on the link below to apply: