Senior Administrative Assistant
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Senior Administrative Assistant in our Finance Programs Division. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work located in Boston.
Under the supervision of the Vice President Operations and Continuous Improvement, this position provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President Finance Programs and Finance Programs Division. This includes functions such as preparing reports and presentations, writing procedures, maintaining electronic and paper filing systems, and other administrative tasks (scheduling, document production, telephone, etc.). The person in this role will deal with a diverse group of external constituents as well as internal customers at all levels of the organization. To be successful in this position, the person will exercise good judgment to successfully plan, prioritize, problem solve, and organize.
- Maintain calendars and schedule for the EVP and Senior Managers. Collect and provide briefing materials and travel information in a proactive, timely manner.
- Maintain and update Outlook and CRM contacts for the EVP and Senior Managers.
- Schedule and attend Finance Programs’ advisory committee meetings and take accurate minutes. Create and proofread draft minutes for management review within two weeks after each meeting. Compile agenda items, prepare committee packages, and circulate committee materials for required internal approvals within required timeframes prior to distributing to members. Act as liaison with Legal Department to ensure proper public noticing. Monitor members’ acceptances to ensure a quorum.
- Post completed/approved advisory committee minutes for MassDevelopment Board of Directors meetings according to board materials deadlines and submit description to Legal Department for Board agendas.
- Coordinate activities to ensure timely submission of documents or information that may be required of several staff personnel to complete a major project. Work with Senior Vice Presidents and other staff to ensure the completion of projects.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Perform back-up receptionist duties as assigned including: greeting visitors, operating the switchboard, taking messages, opening and distributing incoming mail to staff and satellite offices, logging in checks received and notifying appropriate staff, maintaining courier services and cell phones logs, and scheduling of conference rooms.
- Attend meetings as required, virtually or in-person.
- High school diploma.
- 3+ years professional experience in office environment.
- 2+ years experience supporting senior management positions.
- Or a combination of experience and education.
- Experience working with Committee members/Board of Directors.
- Proven ability in preparing committee and board meeting minutes.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills.
- Detail-oriented, including the ability to create grammatically correct written documents.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong experience with all products in the Microsoft Office Platform, with strong Excel skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Associate degree in business administration or completion of specialized administrative coursework is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of finance programs a plus.
- Experience working in databases a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. For more information about MassDevelopment, please visit www.massdevelopment.com.
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited to: generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: