Senior Credit Analyst
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Senior Credit Analyst. Due to COVID-19, this position will most likely will be 100% remote to start until normal operations are resumed at which time the position could be located in Boston or at one of our satellite offices throughout the State.
Under the general direction of the Vice President/Senior Credit Manager, the Senior Credit Analyst provides due diligence, analytical, operational and credit expertise to the lending and portfolio groups in conformance with established lending department and agency policies. This position will provide full underwriting services and be able to independently complete loan approval memorandums of the caliber expected from loan officers, and should have similar credit credentials.
- Underwrite and analyze the creditworthiness of new and existing commercial and not for profit loan/guarantee applicants for approval and risk rating assessment. Independently drafts loan approval requests and makes recommendations for the extension of credit, based on an analysis of the borrower’s financial condition, cash flow, capacity, collateral and its ability to repay financial obligations; the borrower's industry and market conditions and an assessment of ownership and management.
- Undertake Annual Credit Reviews and identifies any issues that would impair the integrity of the loan. Requests loan downgrades or upgrades as identified.
- As requested by the Senior Credit Manager and/or Loan Officer, interview loan applicants as needed to develop and obtain information concerning their business needs, abilities and earnings. Able to take over for the loan officer on loan underwriting once an application is received.
- Extensive discussions with borrowers that may sometimes be difficult as they seek credit concessions.
- Provide mentoring and training support to junior credit analyst as may be requested by Senior Credit Manager.
- Analyze and comment on a periodic basis the operating performance and financial condition of existing customers/guarantors to assess credit quality, compliance and risk rating profile.
- Monitor Loan Portfolio for Compliance with Financial Reporting Requirements.
- Order and analyzes Hoovers, D&B, and Personal credit reports on new and existing borrowers.
- Maintain the Baker Hill spreadsheet system database.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in business, accounting, finance or economics;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a credit analyst or loan officer at a lending institution including three years of loan underwriting;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Motivated self-starter, must be able to work independently and manage multiple priorities within deadlines;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to underwrite and analyze C & I, not for profit and commercial real estate loans;
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Master’s Degree in business, accounting, finance or economics
- Experience with Baker Hill spread sheet System
- Formal credit training is highly desirable.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- The Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear.
- Regular instate travel is required. May also be required to travel at night and/or out of state on occasion.
- Must be able to operate office equipment.
- Occasional reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as required to file documents or store materials during the workday.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, distance vision and color vision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be able to establish and maintain professional interpersonal relationships.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to work weekends or nights and attend night and or weekend meetings. Ability and means to travel may be required.
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth. For more information about MassDevelopment, please visit www.massdevelopment.com.
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited to: generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer - MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply. This posting can close without notice.