Vice President, Lending - Emerging Technology Fund (ETF)
MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2022, MassDevelopment financed or managed 356 projects generating investment of more than $1.69 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 11,080 jobs and build or preserve 1,778 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including people of color, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for Vice President, Lending - Emerging Technology Fund (ETF) within the Finance Programs division. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President for Lending - ETF, the Vice President, Lending - ETF will serve as the loan officer for Emerging Technology Fund prospects. The position will be responsible for developing new businesses, underwriting new loan opportunities, and managing portfolio loans.
- Coordinate business development efforts with Senior Vice President and Business Development officers.
- Analyze business plans, pro forma financials, debt capacity, intellectual property portfolios, and other relevant documentation of Emerging Technology Fund leads.
- Review drafts of term sheet, loan approval memorandum, and other internal approval requests drafted by Investment Analyst, giving guidance and maintaining quality control.
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews of portfolio companies to ensure compliance with loan covenants and company performance versus budget, either directly or in supervisory capacity to Investment Analyst.
- Prepare reports and compile data for the Emerging Technology Fund’s Advisory Committee, either directly or in supervisory capacity to Investment Analyst.
- Review draft loan documents and amendments to loan documents for new and existing portfolio companies prior to final review by Senior Vice President.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly report to the Massachusetts Legislature by Investment Analyst, or prepare directly if necessary.
- Review returns on the Fund and individual loans/investments using various methodologies.
- Oversee the ETF’s annual derivative valuation exercise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance.
- 5 years experience in commercial lending.
- Or combination of education and experience.
- Strong time-management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, as needed.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Three + years experience in investment banking, investment management company, or private equity firm.
- Formal credit training or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: