VP & Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development
The Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), a quasi-public agency of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, is accepting applications for the position of VP & Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development.
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including healthcare, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth.
The VP & Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development (“Director”) for MassDevelopment (the “Agency”) is an integral member of the Agency team and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating an integrated approach to human resources and leadership development across the Agency. The Director manages the Human Resources Department and guides the Agency’s human resources practices, policies, and programs that provide for a quality work environment. The Director works independently, within established goals and priorities, under the direction of the Chief of Staff.
The Director is responsible for managing the Agency’s recruiting, performance management systems, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and employee wellness and health programs. The Director develops and executes strategies to deliver training and development for Agency staff, including leadership, executive, and professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) from an accredited college or university in management, human resources, organizational development or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of Human Resources Management experience in positions of increasing responsibility to include a minimum of five years involving staff supervision, project management, and oversight/management of all major human resources functions: e.g., employment law, recruitment, benefits, compensation, organizational development, training and employee relations is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in conducting internal investigations related to policy violations is preferred.
- A strong understanding of general business principles is required and an understanding of the public sector environment is essential.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Active affiliation with human resources organizations and ongoing networking is preferred.
- Labor relations with unions strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations, benefits and compensation, organizational planning, and training and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management and employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement human resources programs for recruiting and employment, orientation, separation management, classification and compensation, organizational development, training and employee development.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, evaluate, and motivate staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to define and document human resources management problems and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 High Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
or email to: Jobs@massdevelopment.com
This posting can close without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer