MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Website Manager in our External Affairs Department. Due to COVID-19, this position will be 100% remote to start until normal operations are resumed at which time the position could be located in Boston or at one of our satellite offices throughout the state.
The Website Manager will be an integral member of MassDevelopment’s External Affairs team, ensuring all websites are in line with overall business and marketing strategies. The position requires digital design experience as it relates to creating website elements, graphics for reports and presentations, infographics, and maps; verbal, communication and consultative skills; and the ability to work effectively with clients, vendors, IT management, and staff.
- Website Management: Manage and continually enhance the content and functionality of all websites and digital platforms, including providing creative ideas for content marketing and website updates. NOTE: MassDevelopment currently has three websites: MassDevelopment.com, DevensCommunity.com, and VillageHillNorthampton.com – as well as an employee intranet.
- Design/Brand: Ensure overall design, brand, and content on the Agency’s websites are current, consistent, and accurate. Create interesting graphics and identify the need for any new professional photography and/or video.
- Liaison with Vendors: Work with an external web development firm and outside vendors to ensure appropriate functionality and usability of websites.
- Content Strategy and Updates: Responsible for making all content updates and liaising with departments and divisions to ensure accurate representation of agency products and services as well as acquiring insight into marketing trends and keeping strategies up to date.
- SEO Strategy: Ensure content is optimized to be recognized and ranked by search engines. Ensure all title tags and metatag descriptions are optimized for SEO.
- Site Promotion: Work with the marketing team to promote websites via various advertising channels, including banner ads, social media, and link exchanges with other sites.
- Site Analytics: Regularly review analytics that show how well websites are performing. Report website traffic data on a monthly basis.
- Email Marketing: Implement, test, and send custom HTML email campaigns through Campaign Monitor as needed. Integrate email capabilities with any website sign-ups and opt-ins to our contact lists to receive direct emails including newsletters, event registrations, RFP requests, and other updates.
- Surveys and Web Forms: Support various departments with creating, testing, and distributing surveys and web forms.
- Photo/Image/Graphic Editing: Support various departments with editing images and graphics for use in presentations, reports, websites, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent and completion of technology/design certificate programs.
- 3+ years in website content management.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Expression Engine CMS systems.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS programing.
- Experience with marketing automation tools: Google analytics, Google Tag Manager, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- Experience and knowledge of website design, visual design, and typography as it relates to the web.
- Experience supporting digital marketing campaigns.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Experience prioritizing and juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- SEO implementation experience and understanding.
- Knowledge of design programs for resizing imagery including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues quickly.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or related qualification.
- Experience in marketing design and layout related to website content.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth. For more information about MassDevelopment, please visit www.massdevelopment.com.
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited to: generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
This posting remains open until filled.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply