TDI Equity Investment Program
TDI Equity is the most significant real estate-specific tool in the TDI District toolkit. We use the TDI Equity Investment program to support the catalytic transformation of commercial properties with potential to spur additional transformative development in and around TDI Districts. Through the program, MassDevelopment invests in near-term projects that activate ground floor and commercial spaces that will have significant economic impacts within a TDI District; are consistent with Commonwealth and Agency priorities; engage and build capacity in local communities and with partners; catalyze market demand and support TDI District goals; and lack other sufficient funding sources to proceed.
Eligible districts and workplan summaries:
Attleboro, Barnstable, Fall River, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, New Bedford, Pittsfield, Revere, Springfield, Taunton, and Worcester.
How to apply:
- For additional program information and who to contact, please review the TDI Equity program brochure before advancing to the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA).
- View the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) to apply.
- View maps of the TDI Districts catchment area.
Key dates and deadlines:
- January 20, 2023: Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) released.
- January 24, 2023: Program Orientation Webinar 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. watch here
- January 31, 2023: Program Orientation Webinar 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. watch here
- February 1, 2023: Application open for concept outline. Full application open by invitation.
- February 8, 2023: TDI Equity: Concept Proposal Workshop
- February 28, 2023: Deadline for concept outline.
- March 31, 2023: Deadline for full application.
- April 14, 2023: Award announcements (anticipated).
- May 11, 2023: Award approvals by Board of Directors.
- May - June 30, 2023: Contracting.