MassDevelopment works with municipal officials, planners, local stakeholders, and others to provide technical assistance aimed at addressing site-specific and/or district-wide economic development challenges through creative solutions and clear, implementable action steps. Through MassDevelopment’s in-house expertise and contracts with “house doctor” consultants, our real estate services team can help municipalities and other public entities address their priority planning and development projects quickly and efficiently.
We offer the following technical assistance opportunities:
- Master Planning and Visioning for Sites and/or Districts
- Market Feasibility and Financial Analysis
- Surplus Property Reuse and/or Activation Assistance
- Local District Management Technical Assistance (e.g., District Improvement Financing, Businesses Improvement District)
- RFP/Q Development and Process Management
- Regional Economic Development Planning
District Improvement Financing (DIF)
DIF is a locally-enacted tool that enables a municipality to identify and capture incremental tax revenues from new private investment in a specific area and direct them toward public improvement and economic development projects.
For more information, contact:
Vice President, Real Estate Services
Visit our Real Estate Services page to learn more about MassDevelopment's full range of services, including our Site Readiness and Commonwealth Places programs.