Investment Analyst ETF (Emerging Technology Fund)
Massachusetts Development Finance Agency (MassDevelopment), the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. During FY2021, MassDevelopment financed or managed 416 projects generating investment of more than $1.86 billion in the Massachusetts economy. These projects are estimated to create or support 6,578 jobs and build or preserve 1,909 housing units.
Why join our team?
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts. Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities we live and work in. MassDevelopment fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, to apply.
Our total rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Variety of Hybrid Work Opportunities
Take the next step in your career!
Learn more about MassDevelopment. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for an Investment Analyst, Emerging Technology Fund (ETF) in our Lending Department. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work located in Boston or at one of our satellite offices throughout the state.
The Investment Analyst ETF provides support to the Vice President ETF and Senior Vice President ETF in the form of due diligence, analysis, and research functions concerning senior secured loan applications as well as early-stage equity investments. The candidate will provide independent analytical and administrative support and be responsible for preparing investment proposals for internal review and submission to appropriate approval committees; fund performance reports; and portfolio updates.
To learn more about all the great work ETF does, please visit our website: ETF
- Analyze business plans, pro forma financials, debt capacity, intellectual property portfolios, and other relevant documentation of Emerging Technology Fund applicants; perform other due diligence and make recommendations to Vice President and Senior Vice President.
- Prepare first draft of term sheet, loan approval memorandum, and other internal approval requests for review by Vice President and Senior Vice President.
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews of portfolio companies.
- Prepare reports and compile data for the Emerging Technology Fund’s Advisory Committee.
- Assist in preparing the quarterly report to the Massachusetts Legislature.
- Calculate returns on the Fund and individual loans/investments using various methodologies.
- Provide industry and market analysis to assist in the evaluation of potential loan/investments.
- Manage data requests and data collection for the ETF’s annual derivative valuation exercise.
- Manage data requests and data collection of annual employment data from portfolio companies.
- Travel to meet with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of professional experience in investment banking, at an investment Management Company, or private equity firm.
- Or combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to critically evaluate potential loan/investment opportunities.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to present financing solutions that fit the needs of potential portfolio companies to senior management teams.
- Ability to perform deep financial analysis on prospective loan/investment opportunities including cash burn analysis, revenue and expense sensitivity analysis, and forward looking assumption analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Ability to travel independently.
- MBA or master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience founding, building, owning, and/or growing a business.
- Experience in investment banking, investment management, private equity or real estate investment.
- CFA or CAIA designation.
- Experience within an early-stage technology or health care company.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: