Vice President of Commercial Lending – West Region
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Vice President of Commercial Lending – West Region in our Lending Department. Due to COVID-19, this position will be 100% remote to start until normal operations are resumed at which time the position will be located in our Springfield satellite office.
Under the general direction of Senior Vice President of Lending, the Vice President of Commercial Lending originates, evaluates, underwrites, negotiates, and prepares loan and mortgage insurance guarantee requests for approval within the agency. Upon approval, the Vice President follows loans and mortgage guarantees through commitment, documentation, and closing. The position is responsible for loan servicing and relationship management of assigned borrowers, as well as for marketing the loan products of the agency and cross-selling other agency products.
45% of time
- Evaluate and analyze credit worthiness and public-purpose benefits of loan and guarantee requests.
- Evaluate the quality and capacity of development teams and developers, architects, and contractors for construction loans.
- Negotiate and structure loan and guarantee requests with potential borrowers.
- Underwrite and prepare loan and guarantee presentations for approval.
- Present loan and guarantee requests to the credit committee and the Board of Directors for approval.
- Follow approved loans through commitment, documentation, and closing, ensuring all terms and conditions of approval have been met, including loan documentation that is consistent with agency policies, procedures, and terms and conditions of approval.
- Review borrowers’ requests for loan and construction advances, ensuring terms are accurate and consistent with loan documentation and forwarding to loan operations for processing and payment.
- Address and resolve problems that may arise in the approval, commitment, documentation, and closing phases.
30% of time
- Work with other agencies and banks to promote economic development lending through participations, guarantees, and co-lending arrangements.
- Establish and maintain a calling program with various banks, bankers, agencies, and other referral sources.
- Participate in calling and marketing efforts targeting potential borrowers and other referral sources.
- Attend bank and other agency-sponsored meetings.
- Represent agency at events, including speaking engagements and tradeshows.
25% of time
- Maintain Enable loan system, updating pipeline for new and existing relationships and ensuring accurate portfolio information.
- Maintain relationships with existing borrowers and perform annual reviews of all assigned accounts. Monitor loan portfolio and maintain satisfactory credit information and files, ensuring timely financial information as required. Monitor for covenant compliance and accurate risk rating assessment. Identify and respond as appropriate to changes in borrowers’ financial condition, including working with borrowers to develop and achieve resolution.
- Cross-sell other agency products.
- Maintain accurate information in the database.
- Travel to attend various functions and meetings with borrowers
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years commercial/commercial real estate lending or mix of education and experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of loan operations and strong documentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Success working in a team environment.
- Skills as they relate to business development.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the Commonwealth.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance accounting or business administration.
- Five years of commercial/commercial real estate lending/construction lending experience.
- Formal credit training.
- Time-management skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit, including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses, and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic growth. For more information about MassDevelopment, please visit www.massdevelopment.com.
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited to: generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MassDevelopment is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
This posting remains open until filled.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply.